Tuesday

Flourless Pancakes

Can we have every Monday off?? A 3 day weekend is the perfect length and I'm more than willing to go back to work tomorrow.

I've been having fun experimenting with some more Paleo recipes over the weekend. I got this cookbook - The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Paleo.
It teaches you all about the diet and has lots of recipes. One amazing recipe that I really enjoyed are Almond Banana Pancakes! They look like pancakes and taste pretty much like pancakes only with lots of banana flavor, obviously.

To make you mash up 4 bananas, add 5 tbs of almond butter and 2 eggs. That's it! You cook them like normal on the stove top. Getting the temperature was really tricky and my pancakes didn't turn out pretty but they taste great.

Looks like a legit pancake right?
Some other items on the menu this week are-

More egg muffins, love these! They make for a great quick breakfast.




Salmon Cakes- these are super good!

Spicy Tuna Salad- this is my lunch for the week so I haven't tried it yet, hopefully it's good!

I hope your long weekend was great, we had a good one and again, I loved not getting up and going anywhere on a Monday morning, I need more Mondays off! How about you?









3 comments:

Asian catering Brisbane said...

Pancakes looks delicious on the photos! Very nice.

Bethany said...

yum yum yum. I need to get that book. I need to get back to cooking fun interesting meal for myself. I feel like every meal is the same for me these days out of pure lack of time... just chicken and a broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix... with some hummus... it is tasty but so boring.

Unknown said...

Yeah Paleo! I'm loving this cook book because I too was in a food rut!