Friday

Inspiration Friday!

Every night this week, I've been working on our upstairs bedroom. Up until now we've used that room as storage and kept the door closed. However, we want people to come visit us so we need a guest room! My parents are coming in 2 weeks so we got to get it done!

I am not a details person especially at the end of the day when I've been at work all day. Sometimes I have to force myself to do a good job on a project and pay attention to the details because I want it to turn out really nice!

Painting this upstairs room has been a 4 day process so far and I had to force myself to take it slow and do a good job.

Night 1 I cleaned and sanded the walls and trim. Night 2 I primed. Night 3 I painted the trim. Night 4 I painted the walls "Bracing Blue"! I still need to touch up a few places and paint the ceiling.

To pump myself up for an evening of painting (This week I would start painting about 7 or 8 and go until 11:00 or 11:30) I look at pretty pictures on Pinterest or in Magazines to remind myself what a nice room it will be if I do a good job!

Here is a hint of the "Bracing Blue" walls. The paint is still wet in this pic and is actually darker than this.

This weekend Matt and I will put in base boards and a new floor!! Woo! Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pics of this room for you!

So, to help me get myself inspired to try harder and do a good job, I look at pretty things like this-



All picture via pinterest.

Have a happy weekend!

Linking up here!

No comments: