Monday

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's day I'm linking up to share our love story:)
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 7 years!
Us in 2005
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Matt and I grew up together so we've known each other for about 20 years! Growing up, we were friends and lived down the street from each other from middle school-high school. We went to the same church, same school- he was a year ahead of me in school though. We had some of the same close friends that we hung out with but we only hung out at church things together growing up.

Matt graduated from high school and went off to college while I still had one year of high school left. When he came home from his freshman year, we started dating. It was a lovely summer romance that we just couldn't end at the end of the summer:) We had a long distance relationship through college because I went to TCU and Matt went to Georgia Tech. After we graduated from college in May Matt proposed in October. The following September we got married!



3. If married, how long have you been married? 1 year 5 months


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? The church we grew up in, Marvin UMC in Tyler, TX. Big or small wedding? Big, about 250


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Haha, I call him hubby and he calls me wifey, sooo cheesey I know:)
 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He is goofy and makes me laugh everyday! He's super handy, I think he can fix anything. He encourages me everyday. 


7. Tell us how he proposed? After a long day of hiking at Hanging Rock State Park in North Carolina, Matt and I were enjoying a beautiful view on top of the rock formation at the park. After a few minutes I turned around to look behind me. When I turned back around, Matt was sliding on to his knee with a ring in his hand asking me to be his wife!


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Ummm, he got me chocolate this year!



9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? That depends on the night! I like both.


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. I'd love to own a Bed and Breakfast with my hubby somewhere beautiful!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Eating chocolate and loving each other:)


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? Chocolate duh.


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Build each other up, support each other, you are in this together!
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

1 comment:

Shoko said...

Cute! Hope you guys are having a lovely Valentine's Day!