Saturday

What a Week

You may have noticed I've been gone from the blog all week. Matt and I went to Texas because his awesome grandfather passed away last weekend. Matt and I have been married for 2.5 years so I was Papa's granddaughter-in-law for a short time but I've known him for over 15 years. He was one of those people that was instantly everybody's friend. You felt joyful after you saw him. He will be missed so much.

Death is sad, it sucks and leaves a terrible empty feeling but, this week I know I and my family felt so surrounded by helpful loving people. It's amazing to me how people just know what to do to bring you comfort during the worst times. So, thanks to everyone who brought food, served food, cleaned up the yard, came to the service, shoveled Matt and my driveway for  when we got home and so many other things.

Kansas City was covered in snow when we got back this evening, about 12 inches of snow!! We will spend the rest of the weekend preparing for the next storm that may come on Monday/Tuesday! The weatherman is saying it could be 6 or more inches!

See you back here on Monday!

1 comment:

Brook said...

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad the family was comforted from the kindness of others. I'm always impressed at people who know just the right thi g to do after a loss.