Wednesday

T-Shirt Blanket- Complete

 photo photo2-1_zps6256daef.jpg

Living in the Airstream, I don't have room for my sewing machine or surger so, while I'm home in Texas I'm making sure to get all the sewing done I can while I can!

 photo photo2-3_zpsd7ff76ff.jpg
 photo photo2-2_zps4368a7e9.jpg
 photo photo2_zps772c184e.jpg

One project I've been working on for years is my t-shirt blanket. I started my blanket while living in Kansas City and would work for a few hours on it then put it away for months until I felt like working on it again. I brought it to my parents house when we moved into the Airstream and stored it in a closet hoping to finish it someday.

 photo photo4_zpsba556b5b.jpg

I love how it turned out!!

 photo photo3_zps056816b9.jpg

The only thing I would have done differently is cut my shirts a more uniform size. When I cut my t-shirts I had so many that I was overwhelmed and was sloppy with my cuts. If I had been more careful and cut every shirt the same size it would have made the sewing process easier.

 photo photo3-1_zps9cb3b09d.jpg

My blanket is like a history of my life so far in t-shirts! If you're like me, then you have tons of shirts you just can't part with because they remind you of so many great memories. A t-shirt blanket or quilt is the perfect way to forever memorialize your t-shirt collection in a way that you can use and enjoy!

 photo photo1_zps67c4b5c7.jpg
 photo photo5_zps6f61c769.jpg
 photo photo4-1_zps3636a593.jpg

No comments: