Tuesday

Do it Yourself Tortillas

A staple in my family's everyday diet are whole wheat tortillas. I make breakfast burritos and hummus wraps daily, and use them when I make fajitas or quesadillas.

Because I use whole wheat tortillas so much, I decided not to depend on buying them at the grocery store each week. I wanted to find a way to make my own. The way I make them is cheaper, healthier, and I think tastier than the one's I find at the grocery.

Here's the how to-


Ingredients-
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup very warm water

Mix your ingredients in a bowl and kneed the dough until you have a big ball of tortilla dough. The dough should not be too dry (add a little more water if the dough is flaking apart).
Let the dough rest about 5 minutes.
Next divide your dough ball into 8 smaller balls.

Get a rolling pin to roll your tortillas out.

Heat a griddle or big pan on low/medium heat.

Cook your flattened dough on the low/medium heat for a few minutes each side.

Now you have delicious, healthy, and cheap tortillas for the week!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I think I just might try this! Thanks Michelle!