Friday

Sugar, I Love You

Happy Friday y'all! I'm looking forward to some potential house painting this weekend and enjoying the fantastic weather we've been having!

So, the title of today's post is about sugar. I love it. I think my twin brother and I could out eat anybody anywhere when it comes to sweets. We have never met a sweet too rich or too sweet and could usually go for seconds on a serving of custard or cheesecake when someone else wouldn't even be able to finish half.

With that said, I'm trying to re-evaluate my eating habits and amp up my healthyness. I go through this process often because I want to be healthy and I want to know the latest and greatest in the healthy eating news.

Unfortunately, sugar is never on the list of super foods and good things for me to eat.

This week I looked at the Cross Fit meal planning guide to see what these uber fit crossfit people eat. (I tried cross fit a few times but it is wayyy hard, maybe someday I'll try it again.)

The meal guide says something like- protein, veggies, a little bit of carbs and NO SUGAR. That is the main thing I remember from my reading. So, I tried to go yesterday with no sugar to see what it would be like.

Torture! By 9pm my body was screaming for something sweet. I couldn't stop thinking about eating ice cream. So, I gave in and had one scoop.

I plan to eat a little sugar everyday of my life just because I don't know if my life could be complete without it.

Is it possible to not eat sugar ever? I'm sure for some people it is, you are a super hero if you can go without it.

There you have what is on my mind this day, I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog!

1 comment:

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a really fun giveaway I’m having!
Hope to see you there! Thanks!

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html