Monday

Living Room Drapes

The living room drapes are done!



Saturday morning, my husband and I cleared the living room out to give me plenty of space to lay out my fabric.

Next we hung the curtain rod. We got very lucky at Lowes the night before. A lot of curtain rods and rings were on clearance! We were prepared to paint a metal pipe and add our own finials to keep the price down since curtain rods can cost big $$, but luckily we were able to get a pretty rod for only $15!

We got the one in the middle of this photo
All day Saturday I measured, cut, serged, lined, sewed, and then hung the un-hemmed drapes over night with clips.


On Sunday I took the drapes back down and sewed on the rings.

Finally on Sunday night I hemmed and ironed the bottom of the curtains.

I loooove the fabric and had fun using my serger and sewing machine!

I have made 2 pillows for the couch so far and still have one to go.

The pillows and drapes have added the pop of color we needed in our living room!

I'm so happy we no longer have a plastic drop cloth as our front window treatment:)

Today i'm linking up here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here!

12 comments:

Ali said...

you are so incredible.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Those curtains are wonderful! I'm sure that brings a great feeling of accomplishment. Thanks SO much for sharing them and your journey at the Kiss & Tell party over at my place!! <3

Frances said...

Such cute fabric, Michelle! And I love that you made it all yourself! Sewing sounds so daunting sometimes, but when people I actually know make stuff and it turns out so well, I feel like one day I could attempt it, too, haha! Can't wait to see what else you make for your cute new home!

Nancy said...

I loooove the fabric!!! What an amazing transformation from 3 months ago. You have been busy! Visiting from Lisa's Linky List

RachaelJGriffith said...

These are awesome!!!

Lisa said...

What a transformation!! Great job!! This definitely inspires me to get my sewing machine fixed and learn how to use it!!

Thanks for linking this post up to Lisa's Linky List #2!!

~Lisa
Lisa's Craft Blog

Unknown said...

Thank y'all for all of your nice comments! :)

Meredith Gadberry said...

Way to go Michelle! I tried to put your blog on my Google Reader but couldn't get it to work :-( Maybe your blog isn't supported by Google Reader?

Unknown said...

Thanks Meredith! I think if you follow my blog it will add it to your Google Reader, did you try following?? Anybody else know how to make it work?

Jen the CraftinCowgirl said...

Good job, they look great! I love your huge window! Thanks for sharing :o)

Anonymous said...

So i'd love to know - did you just take out the panels? How did that work. I don't know if I'm asking such a dumb question but the house I'm moving into is panel crazy. I rather have actual walls haha.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to comment on how i love the curtain!! paisley is just awesome.