Saturday

New Bike!

I got this beautiful bike today!



It is a hybrid meaning it is not completely a road bike but not fully a mountain bike. There are shocks like a mountain bike and thinner tires like a road bike but they have a little tread in case I do a little off road action.

If you knew me in college you may remember my awesome Craigslist bike that I rode around on and that my roomates enjoyed moving so I couldn't find it, you know who you are. I don't have a picture of it but it cost me $20 so you can imagine it wasn't much.

My new bike will hopefully be my new mode of transportation to work a couple of days a week! My dad rides his bike to work and was actually on the news for it in Tyler, TX! The local station did a story on how people where saving money on rising gas prices.

My reasons for wanting to ride to work, which is about 5 miles from where we live, is to save $$ on fuel and to give me some good exercise! I enjoy working out but I think this form of exercise will be really nice and different from my usual workout schedule lately.

I'll let you know how this all works out:)

No comments: