Friday

It's Almost Thanksgiving!

As I get older, time seems to go by so fast! It's weird how fast it goes! With that said, I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is next week.

I'm excited to go home to Tyler for a few days! Back when I was a junior in college, my family and I went to New York City for Thanksgiving! It was fantastic because the city was so festive, decorated for Christmas, and we went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I've always watched the parade on TV so it was awesome to see it in real life.

We went to NYC that year for T-giving because my brother and I were interning in D.C. that semester and thought it would be great since we were so close to NY to go there instead of to Texas for the holiday.

source

I'm so glad we did! It was my first experience with NY. My brother and I rode the China Town Express bus from D.C. to NY for $30 round trip. Love it. I was skeptical that we would actually make it there and back on that bus because  our tickets were in Chinese and the people at the bus station said it didn't matter when you wanted to return, just come back to where the bus dropped you off and you can ride back to D.C.

It all worked out just fine and we got to spend Thanksgiving in an awesome place.

Next week, we will have our Thanksgiving meal at my parents house with my in-laws and some of my dad's side of the family. We have only had three Thanksgivings in my whole life not at my parents or grandmother's house (her house was right behind ours when I was growing up).

One Thanksgiving we went to my great aunts house in College Station. My cousin made a chocolate pie that I was really looking forward to eating but then found out she made it for her boyfriend and I was mad there was no chocolate pie for me.

Therefore, I plan on making a chocolate pie this year so that won't happen again.

What does your Thanksgiving look like? We will cook and watch the parade all morning then eat around 11:30 probably. Then we'll sit around the rest of the day watching TV and eating leftovers. I always enjoy this routine and I'm especially glad this year to have my brother home instead of off in the Peace Corps!

Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend! I am making pizza tonight and as usual will be working on the house this weekend! See you Monday!

No comments: