Wednesday

Christmas Decor

As you may know, we are renovating our house so it is not going to be fully decked out with Christmas decor this year because who wants to put decorations on top of drop cloths? Not me! I did put a little holiday cheer out on our front porch, I had to take some night time photos because it gets dark at 5 pm and I don't get home until a little after that:)






I bought these skates at a garage sale last January knowing I wanted to do this. I spray painted them silver, glittered them and voila it is wintery and wonderful. Add some frozen looking garland and a bow and it is Christmasy.

Next up, I filled a bowl with glitter lights! I also have some of these on my desk at work! These glitter lights are made from old big Christmas lights. My mom had a lot from an old string of lights but she also bought some more at a garage sale. Now the old lights have new life!



My family and I made these on Thanksgiving! 

To make the glitter lights you need to mix school glue with water in a bowl, about 3 parts glue, one part water so the glue is a little runnier than usual. Then paint the glue on the light with a brush avoiding the metal part of the light. Then roll the glue covered lights in a bowl of glitter! Next, we stuck the metal part of the light into a piece of Styrofoam so the light could air dry without touching any surfaces like so-



Lastly, as I drove up our street on my way home from work today my hubby was putting Christmas lights up on the tree in our front yard! How exciting and pretty! I couldn't get a good picture of it but it looks cute.

How are your Christmas decorations coming along?

Linking up here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Go check out these linky parties!

Thanks Christina for choosing my Glitter Christmas Lights over at your Christmas Parade!!

4 comments:

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Thanks so much for sharing your glittery Christmas creations at the Winter Wonderland party over at my place! They are so very festive, Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

I love those glitter lights. What a fabulous idea. We did pinecones and I loved how they turned out but may have to do some glitter lights also. Great decorations. Love the ice skates too!!

Rebecca said...

I've been hoping to find some old big bulbs to do just this with. Yours look great.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I just featured these over on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
I think they would be fabulous to use as embellishments when you wrap your holiday gifts!!