Thursday

Chicago

Next week, I'm going to Chicago for the first time ever! I've been told I need to eat Garrett Popcorn, hotdogs, deep dish pizza, go to Navy Pier, and the zoo. What else do I need to do in Chicago to have the best Chicago experience possible?

Have you seen "Breaking Pointe" yet? It is a show that follows ballerinas in the company Ballet West. It's on the CW on Thursday nights and I'm loving/fascinated by it! It makes me miss dancing which was my life in high school!
My Ballerina Self

High School Drill Team self. This pic is from homecoming- Gotta Love Texas! Those are mums all over me in case you've never seen one before.
 Have you noticed the cute updates (or at least I think they're cute!) updates to my blog? I learn as I go with blogging on how to spiff things up and make them all cute. I've been wanting to add some cute touches to my blog and have been toying with the idea of changing it completely but after the new social media buttons I got and my new About Me section, I love the way it looks right now and want to keep it this way.

 Here is my current crush- Monogrammed Jewelry! I don't have any yet but i feel like I'd wear it all the time!

I'm so glad it's Thursday! I hope YOU have a great one!

Current Crush Thursdays

6 comments:

Katie said...

I work in Chicago now, and have lived in the suburbs nearby my whole life. I never understand why people want to visit here. It's a disgusting city, and the weather is wholly unpredictable (we had 80s in most of March and June has yo-yoed between 60s and 90s). The Field and Science & Industry Museums and the Shedd Aquarium are the only things I like about the city, and they are way overpriced. The zoo is not great, and there is another one not too far out in the burbs that's pretty lame too. I've been to several other zoos in other states and every single one is better than the two we have here. I'd say skip it, but I think it's free, so why not? Navy Pier is ok, WAY overpriced. It costs a fortune to park there, and another fortune to do anything. People seem to love Millenium Park, and I think if you visit you're legally obligated to take a photo in front of the bean, and go up to the skydeck in the Sears Tower (they've renamed it Willis Tower now, but most of us refuse to acknowledge that). I'm not a fan of this city at all, but I hope you have a good, safe, trip!

Unknown said...

Haha, Katie, thanks for the input, I think lots of people feel that way about their own city:)

Frances said...

Breaking Pointe is SO good! I'm (trying to) watch/ing it now, but CW is freaking out. I wish I had done pointe when I was dancing, but now I'm too afraid (not to mention out of shape!) since I've broken my ankle and I'm so accident prone - hahaha.

-Frances @ Keynotes

Unknown said...

Frances! It is such a great show, pointe was fun/hard/scary, I haven't done it in about 5 years and my ankles wouldn't be strong enough to do it anymore!

No(dot dot)el said...

AN absolute must to visit Wrigley Field. Such a great ball park. Hi there new follower here. Found you through Everyday and Adventure. Look forward to more reads here. Have fun in Chicago.

The Hill Hangout said...

Chicago is one of my favorite cities. I hope I never have to leave the south, but if I do, I think I could live in Chicago. They have so many cultural events and fabulous food. And on a side note, my niece who lives in Dallas sent me a picture from her high school homecoming. I thought the mum/corsage thing was a joke. I mean, it was on a rope around her neck for heaven's sake. She laughed and told me that that's how Dallas does corsages. I guess it's true that everything is bigger in Texas. ;)