Monday

A Letter to My 6th Grade Self

In honor of school starting back for all the kids out there, I've been thinking about what I would like to tell my 6th grade self if I could. Here's what I'd say-

Hey girl!

6th grade, it's an interesting place in life to be. Middle school is weird and people can be very self-conscious but, you young lady should not be! Enjoy your friends and ignore trying to be popular or cool. It totally doesn't matter, trust me!

Enjoy eating your lunch of cheese fries, Yoo-Hoo, and an ice cream sandwich everyday. You WON'T be able to eat like this for long without getting super fat.

Be nice to people, this is very important and will make you very happy.

Use up all of your body glitter and glittery eye shadow because after middle school you really won't have many opportunities to wear it.

You know that kid Matt who's in 7th grade? Yeah, you're going to marry him! (Maybe I shouldn't tell you that just yet)

You're skin, well, it's impossible to tan so just wear sunscreen and don't try to get tan because it will only result in lots of painful sunburns.

You're hair, it's curly and there aren't really any good products out yet to make it straight so you should just wear it curly. It will be much cuter that trying to blow dry it and it being poofy. In a few years, there will be awesome straighteners that will work great for you but for now just stick with the curls.

Please learn how to read music better in band class. You'll wish you could read that music later in life!

You know how you're really scared of getting a cavity and having to have it filled? Well, you still haven't had any cavities at age 25!

This year you'll reach your maximum height, sorry you will remain the same height for the rest of your life.

Lots of great things will happen to you in the future, you don't need to worry about a thing. You have so much to look forward to!

Love,
Your 25 Year Old Self

1 comment:

Christi said...

This is such a magical post! Band! Glitter! Cheese fries! I go around saying I hated middle school, but let's be honest, I love cheese fries, therefore, middle school didn't completely suck.