Tuesday

Travel Tuesday- The North East!

I've traveled to the North East/ New England twice in the last two years. It's an amazing place because of it's charm, history, food and it's also beautiful. The first time I experienced the North East was on a ski trip to Killington, Vermont, a day in Maine, along with a short stay in New Hampshire during the maple syrup season (Matt and I went to a sugar house one night and the people making maple syrup taught us about the process. They had day jobs but during late March/early April they made Maple Syrup at night.)

 photo 100_4174_zps85061273.jpg
 photo 100_4224_zpsba3779e1.jpg
 photo 100_4203_zpsf83ac5c9.jpg
 photo 100_4131_zps903dd26b.jpg
The second time I went to the North East was in the summer to Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Both trips were both full of good food! I'm talking lobster, clams, fish mmmm. I had never had lobster before going on my first trip but once I tried it, I knew why it was such a big deal.

 photo photo2-5_zps48f2a234.jpg
 photo photo1-5_zps975c54f7.jpg
 photo photo3-5_zps7ce50f12.jpg

I also love being so close to the ocean.The sight of light houses and sailboats are beautiful to me and I hope that I'll live near the sea one day full time.

 photo IMG_9081_zpsdb569eb5.jpg
 photo photo4-4_zps2fd55780.jpg
 photo 100_4284_zpse320efd1.jpg

Another great thing about New England are the amazing homes and buildings. I'm so fascinated when I see buildings that are 200+ years old and can't believe they're still standing. I can't help thinking about all the change that's happened around those homes and buildings and they are still there to remind us of the past when America was just starting out.
 photo IMG_9150_zpsce19fd69.jpg

Lastly, I've had great experiences with the people in New England. I've come across so many nice people and my favorite part is when I talk and they ask me where I'm from because I sure have an accent. I proudly tell them I'm from Texas and they act all impressed, Texas has a way of doing that.

I'd go back again that's for sure. Another thing I think is awesome about New England is the train system and that so many places are within a couple of hours of each other. Happy Travel Tuesday!


Helene in Between


4 comments:

Helene said...

where do you live in Texas?! I'm from Dallas!
I have only been to the NE one time, to Boston, but I loved it!! I need to visit new england!

Unknown said...

I'm from Tyler! It's about 2 hours east of Dallas!

Jess said...

Mmmm seafood! I`m not usually a big fan, but when I`m on the east coast, its just so delicious!

My Travel Tuesday Post
Jess

Anonymous said...

I'm over in England right now and have the same feelings on these old buildings - I'm totally fascinated that they could be built so long ago and are still standing, and standing well! I need to get back to the northeast!