Monday

Home Grown Greens

It's harvest time in the garden! The lettuce and spinach are big and beautiful. I ate some for lunch and dinner today and it was fantastic! I'm never this excited to eat spinach or lettuce but, when I grew these plants from seeds, it just makes me so amazed that I can eat them!





Tonight I made a delicious Salmon and Citrus salad on a bed of my home grown spinach and lettuce.


To make the salmon I seasoned with salt, garlic, and pepper. Placed about a tablespoon of butter on top and covered it with chopped parsley. Then I placed it on the grill for about 10 minutes! I put the fish on a piece of foil so it wouldn't fall apart on the grill.


To make the dressing I combined the following-
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 an orange
chopped clove of garlic
tbls chopped parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
splash of vinager

This salad was flavorful and amazingly good y'all. I would say it tasted like summer! I will make it again very soon!

No comments: