Friday

Friday Happenings

Welcome Friday! Even though it's still November I feel full of Christmas spirit because everything is now decorated for Christmas and we've started singing Christmas music at church.

This morning, I ate a cookies and cream cupcake for breakfast! It was all sitting on the counter screaming out for me to eat it, so I did.

The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas somehow turns into an eating free for all for me. There are so many parties, people bringing food to work, me thinking- it's only the holidays once a year! So, I indulge and I'm already starting to look/feel like it's time to slow down and quit eating so much junk (even though it's delicious junk)

Another holiday food I've been enjoying is Chex Mix!!!! Also called Texas Trash around my parents house. My mom and mother-in-law both make big batches of chex mix every year around Thanksgiving and Christmas and my brother, husband and me love it!!

This weekend I'm going to Arkansas for a wedding shower!! I'm super excited! I'm leaving straight from work so I have my front seat filled with my favorite road trip snacks- salt and vinegar chips, coke, water, chex mix. My poor husband will be home alone working hard on our back room, what a good man.

Some of you asked me what Pallea is since I wrote about it on Wednesday. Pallea is a Spanish dish made of meat or seafood and rice. You cook the rice and choice of meat in a huge pan all together with tomato, onion, garlic, olive oil, saffron, lemon juice and red pepper and it turns out super flavorful!

One last thought to leave you with today, I always feel the need to add an ! mark or 2 in any email I send or else it looks like i'm being too serious/unkind. When I get emails without exclamation marks I tend to read it in a monotoned voice and it's hard to tell what that person's voice inflection would sound like. Do you do this too?

Happy Friday and weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Brook said...

I'm with you on the exclamation marks. I don't want to seem aggressive but I want to express my excitement. !!
xo

ashley {we loved here.} said...

No shame on the cookie + cupcake breakfast, I had mini brownies for lunch myself. So good!

I am a fan of exclamation marks too for the same reasons. I feel like some things come across too aggressively, or with lack of empathy, be the situation serious or funny, if you just use periods all the time. If you're excited in an email or blog post use all the exclamation marks!!!

Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Oh I love Christmas music and the way it seems to fill the whole world this time of year. love.

Aloha Sweet Friend,
We are gathering for An Aloha Affair , a sweet sort of mingling and sharing and growing together. I would so love it if you'd join us. You will always be welcome, anytime. Save ya a seat?...

xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Christi said...

About the !s, yes, and the same with text messages. I've caught myself getting a little bummed before, thinking people were put out with me because of the lack of !s.