Friday

Ice Cream Made With Coconut Milk

Ice cream is my favorite favorite food. I eat it just about everyday but since I'm trying out this Paleo diet, (I've been on it for about 3 days!) I can't eat ice cream because it has milk and sugar. However coconut milk and honey are ok for this diet so, that's what my ice cream this week is made from! Plus cocoa powder because it's not worth eating if it's not chocolate in my book.

 Recipe:
2 cans coconut milk
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder (add more if it needs to be more chocolatey, add less if you want less chocolate)

Mix ingredients together then pour into ice cream maker. Let it do it's thing for 25 minutes! It's best fresh out of the mixer but is still good after freezing, it just takes some thawing to get it back to it's creamier consitancy.



So, ice cream that's made from 3 ingredients that will nourish my body more that regular ice cream is thrilling to me. I'll still eat normal ice cream again, but I'll turn to this for the majority of my ice cream intake since it tastes so good! Surprisingly it doesn't taste like coconut, there is a faint hint of coconut but it's more sweet and chocolatey than coconut flavored.

Have a lovely weekend!! Let me know if you try this ice cream and if you think it tastes as good as I do!

No comments: