Tuesday

In the Middle

I've started casually looking at the candidates that are popping up for the Presidential race next year and I am reminded of how angry political campaigns can make me.

For example this sentence from michelebachmann.com- "Congresswoman Bachmann developed a reputation as a "principled reformer" who stays true to her conservative beliefs while pushing for real reform of the broken ways of Washington." stirs me up. When I read that she "stays true to her conservative beliefs," I think about how politicians are forced to be either liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican. They can't be in the middle because they will not seem like they are true to their party.

I think there is no black and white in life but that there is a lot of gray area. I am in the middle and find value in both conservative and liberal ideals but I see that both sides also have their faults too. I see value in both the beliefs of the Democratic and Republican parties but believe that neither side has it completely together. Neither side is completely right or completely wrong.

As frustrating as political campaigns can be, I'm excited to see this next one unfold!

No comments: